Thursday, March 5, 2015

Is visiting Disney "worth it?"

Yep. Granted, there has been a lot of buzz the last few weeks about Magic Kingdom tickets crossing that $100 threshold (and Universal followed suit soon afterwards.) That's not chump change for most folks, especially if you have friends and family in tow.

If you are a purebred number cruncher, totally driven by a bottom line, you may struggle some with what I'll share. My contention is, when you compare Disney costs to other discretionary recreational costs, Disney shines.

Consider purchasing tickets for decent seats at a Broadway show. Or attend a professional sporting event. Yeah, you'll have to swallow hard and ante up.

But Walt Disney World? Consider the atmosphere, the attention to detail, the cleanliness ... Main Street U.S.A. is scrubbed down more than an intensive care ward. Think about the customer service - unparalleled. I'd contend that you could go in any of the four parks and ride nothing and still have a great time.When I consider the total package - the attractions, the music, the food, the characters, the unbridled joy - it's still a great deal. Combine that with spectacular resorts, crazy-good shopping, golf, sports, all that, and you have something special happening.

Of course, you're hearing from someone who has visited Walt Disney World 100+ times. I'm frequently asked, "Why do you keep going back? Don't y'all want to visit somewhere else?"

For the record, we DO visit other places. And regarding the multiple-trip question, which is always asked with a condescending attitude: Folks go back to a favorite beach location, or a place at the lake, and no one raises an eyebrow. The implication is that repeat Disney visitors must have something "wrong" with them.

Okay, then, there is something wrong with me. If spending some time away from the worry and bustle of the everyday world, immersing myself in magic, and enjoying my "happy place" is wrong, I'm cool with that. Disney is one forevermore diverse spot, and I'll go out on a limb by saying there's something for everyone. I would say that Disney can be "the vacation that fights back" - I guarantee that after three full days in the parks, the most hardy of folks will hit the wall - but with some planning and pacing, your enjoyment can be multiplied scores of times over. That's why I've been helping people plan their Disney vacations for years - I want them to experience joy.

For any Disney vacation planning needs, visit www.fairytalejourneysbytony.com

If you'd like my Facebook page - Fairytale Journeys By Tony - I'll send some pixie dust your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment